In a video aired on Arabic TV station al-Jazeera, Ayman al-Zawahri said the Americans were "between two fires".

Hester S. Numbers nmdvam na ecolab.com.hk
Úterý Únor 27 17:11:04 CET 2007

"Bush is still deceiving you and hiding the truth from you, and therefore the reasons are still there to repeat what happened," he says.
He denies any links with al-Qaeda but met Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan in 1987.
The UN requires members to freeze assets of any person or group linked to al-Qaeda or the Taleban. But a key part of the plan apparently failed.
The Indonesian police say that Imam Samudra spent two and a half years in Afghanistan, where he learned to build bombs.
But when we touched down on the rocks, it seemed someone was expecting us. The group says its mission is to forge a spiritual form of jihad through preaching, not fighting.
Authorities say the killing of Farooqi is the latest in a series of breakthroughs against al-Qaeda in Pakistan.
"It implies that the government is unable to get justice in a criminal court and that it is easier to get a conviction in a military commission. The investigators went on say that while the UN Security Council has reacted to incidents, "al-Qaeda had shown great flexibility and stayed ahead of them".
However, intelligence services have no record of him.
The possibility of an imminent assault may be the reason for Zarqawi to call on Bin Laden but as such it may also signal desperation as much as strength.
He adds: "Your security does not lie in the hands of Kerry, Bush, or al-Qaeda. Quick guide: Violence in IraqIraq violence in figuresBAGHDAD DIARYExtreme risksHi-tech at warAnother planetFinding the exitJoy over SaddamAfghan solution? Americans go to the polls in four days, but Bin Laden says their security depends on neither George W Bush nor John Kerry, but on US foreign policy. His own paper was used for such a claim after the 1998 embassy bombings.
The Sixth Amendment of the Constitution guarantees access to witnesses and other evidence to ensure a fair trial.
In the Islamic world there is widespread scepticism and some claims that it is a fake.
Nor have they used explosives before. "I mean, things happen, but you don't think they're going to happen to you. This question was asked of Frances Fragos Townsend, the Deputy National Security Advisor for Combating Terrorism on Monday. Some critics of military tribunals warn that, in general, many of the protections afforded to defendants in civilian courts do not necessarily apply in military tribunals.
"We've had tremendous successes. One of the leaders at the school is said to have been Riduan Isamuddin, also known as Hambali.
But so far this September, we have yet to hear from him.
An al-Qaeda suspect from Yemen, Hassan Omar Hussein, was arrested trying to get into Kenya in September this year. This shows an active and recent interest by al-Qaeda in Kenya.
It is just possible for example that Palestinians, or the Lebanese group Hezbollah, organised them. An attack, he said, was expected - but not in Kenya. It is an old problem, and one made more acute by the revelations about the weakness of intelligence over Iraq. He is accused of being a leading member of alQaeda and one of the main planners of the 11 September attacks. It is not clear whether he is actually forced to leave the African country but in May 1996 he returns to Afghanistan. Spanish officials later say their investigations are focusing on the Moroccan Islamic Combatant Group which is said to support alQaeda's war against the West. But revealing the source of the information can put at risk the acquisition of more information.
The US believes he helped plan the 11 September attacks.
"We've eliminated one of the very major sources of terrorist threat," President Musharraf said.
"We are much safer, but we are not yet safe.
He denies any links with al-Qaeda but met Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan in 1987.