novy MIME balik pro Emacs (RMAIL)

Pavel Janik ml. Pavel.Janik na inet.cz
Sobota Leden 24 09:53:16 CET 1998

Preji prijemny den,

tato zprava bude mozna zajimat uzivatele Emacsu. Probehla konferenci
comp.os.linux.announce.

From: Henrik Theiling <theiling na CoLi.Uni-SB.DE>
Subject: HT-MIME mode for Emacs
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 08:56:53 GMT

Hi!

  I'd like to announce the first public version of my MIME mode for
Emacs.  It's a project of about 10 000 lines of Emacs lisp that
enhances the rmail mode of Emacs.

  The current version is 0.80 and can be found at
     http://www.coli.uni-sb.de/~theiling/ht-mime/

Features:
  - composition and decomposition of MIME mails of an arbitrary
    complexity.  The main goal of the decomposition is to make
    the mail human readable and to write data to files.

  - support for base64 and quoted-printable encoding (of course)

  - support of PGP-MIME encryption standard

  - Remailer support

  - call of helper applications out of Emacs (.mailcap is parsed)

  - RFC compliance was an important goal

  - menus for easy use

  - easily configurable

  - transparent composition of MIME mails just before sending

  - very good HTML documentation (on- and off-line)

  - no hidden advertisements

Although this is still alpha software, it is used without any problems
by me and some friends for some month now and seems to be stable.

Bye,
  Henrik

--- theiling na coli.uni-sb.de --- http://www.coli.uni-sb.de/~theiling/ ---

--