Priepustnost siete

Gabriel Svajko svajko na r-net.sk
Středa Prosinec 18 21:04:55 CET 1996

On Wed, 18 Dec 1996, Matus Hrusovsky wrote:

> 	hi !
>
> Do akje miery moze filtrovanie paketov pod linuxom spomalit priepustnost
> lokalnej siete do internetu ? Proste ide o to, ze linux by robil gw pre
No spomalit sa da s kernelom >= 2.1.15 :)

A traffic shaper is a special device (typically called /dev/shaper0)
that attaches to some other network device (such as your first
ethernet card /dev/eth0) and limits the outgoing bandwidth on that
device to a configurable upper bound, for example 64000 bits per
second. It works like this: you can send all the traffic that would
normally go to /dev/eth0 to /dev/shaper0 instead; the traffic will
be slowed down a bit and then forwarded to /dev/eth0. This could be
useful for something, but I don't know for what. To set up and
configure shaper devices, you need the shapecfg program, available
via ftp (user: anonymous) from shadow.cabi.net/pub/Linux in the
shaper package. Please read Documentation/networking/shaper.txt.

> 						mathew

Snowman