Mini Linux

Zdenek Havelka zdenekh na pvt.net
Sobota Říjen 12 01:55:48 CEST 1996

Ondrej Sury wrote:

>         Cafte, lidi a ostatni bytosti, schanim pro kamose nejakou mini
> distribuci Linuxu, tak nejak aby se vlezla na priblizne 20 disket.

Nasel jsem neco na 4 diskety, ma to umet TCP/IP, PPP, SLIP, X wokna,
podporovat mysi, modem, SCSI a soundblastera, pouziva to UMSDOS jako
filesystem. Vyzaduje 20 MB na disku, filesystem je viditelny z DOSu a
lze spoustet i pri nabootovanem MS DOSu spustenim nejake binarky.
Nezkousel jsem, bez zaruky.

je to na "http://www.relcom.ru:8099/linux/mini-linux/minilin.txt",
prikladam kousek textu

===============

MINILINUX is yet another distribution of Linux.

It has two objectives:

- create a suficiently powerful distribution ( 4 diskettes ) but
a powerful one ( TCP/IP and SLIP, X Windows, etc ) in an easy
to install way, particularly by MSDOS users.
  Usually a Linux distribution makes you backup, repartition and
reformat your hard disk; or they make you buy a CDROM or download
lots of diskettes.
  MINILINUX by using the UMSDOS filesystem and the LOADLIN command
( for DOS ) allows you to install LINUX on an MSDOS partition and
coexist: from the DOS side you'll see a C:\LINUX directory and you'll
have a "linux" command that boots up Linux. From Linux's side you'll
have a /DOS directory containing all your DOS files and you'll be
able to go back to DOS by rebooting ( with CTRL-ALT-DEL ).

- to offer, in a one stop shop, a Unix system with access to Internet.
Esoterica offers Internet access in Portugal, and MINILINUX includes
scripts to setup an SLIP link with our server; Mosaic for X Windows
is included in MINILINUX and Lynx ( a character mode WWW browser )
is also there.

--
Zdenek Havelka                           E-mail: zdenekh na pvt.net
HotLine                                  tel: +42 (05) 7269314