UltraPenguin-1.0 is here!

Donnie Barnes djb na redhat.com
Sobota Červenec 12 15:57:58 CEST 1997

>*DISCLAIMER*:  Although this is based upon a RedHat Linux release,
>               RedHat does not support this. They will not provide
>               support for the UltraPenguin-1.0 distribution. It is
>               our hack which we put together so that people can be
>               provided with a full UltraLinux system early. Please do
>               not bother RedHat about problems you encounter with
>               this release, thank you.

The above left for emphasis.  :-)

>ULTRAPENGUIN 1.0 distribution is available at least from the following
>sites:
>
>	ftp://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/OS/Linux/Sparc/ultrapenguin-1.0
>	ftp://vger.rutgers.edu/pub/linux/Sparc/ultrapenguin-1.0

It's mirroring right now at:

	ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/mirrors/ultra

vger is feeling pretty peppy right now and Red Hat's new and
improved 9 Mb/s connection is sucking it down quick.  We've upped
our FTP limits, too, so folks shouldn't have much trouble getting
at this!  I expect the mirror to be complete within the hour...

[ Also note too that while 9 Mb/s is only three time faster than
  what we had, we are now only one hop from the 655 Mb/s UUNet fiber
  backbone! ]

Feel free to discuss problems with this on the sparc-list na redhat.com.

--Donnie

--
 Donnie Barnes    http://www.redhat.com/~djb    djb na redhat.com   "Bah."
  Challenge Diversity.  Ignore People.  Live Life.  Use Linux.  2003.