Knihovna libXThrStub.so.6

Derfinak Jan derfinak na hron.fei.tuke.sk
Sobota Listopad 8 03:22:20 CET 1997

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, Ondrej Koala Vacha wrote:

> Dobry den,
>
> rekl by mi nekdo prosim Vas, v kterem souboru lezi knihovna v $subj?
> Uz me nenapada jak/kde mam hledat. Pokud nekdo vi, jak v podobnych
> pripadech hledat, budu vdecny za info.

Tato kniznica sa vytvori pri pri kompilacii XWindows, ak bol predtym pouzity
patch nachadzajuci sa v linuxthreads-0.6.

This file describes how to make a threaded X11R6.

You need the source-code of XFree-3.2. I used the sources of X11R6.1
(files: xc-1.tar.gz xc-2.tar.gz xc-3.tar.gz) and the patches to
XFree-3.2 (files: README.X11.patch R6.1pl1-3.2.diff.gz cfont32.tgz).

Untar the xc-?.tar.gz files in a directory called XF3.2 and apply
the XFree-3.2 patches as described in README.X11.patch or use the
whole XFree86 source.

Now apply the thread patch with

patch -p0 < XF3.2.xc.diff

Go to the XF3.2/xc directory and make the whole thing:
nice make World >& world.log &
tail -f world.log

Wait a few hours or interrupt the process after the shared libs
are made. The shared libs are:

XF3.2/xc/lib/ICE/libICE.so.6.0*
XF3.2/xc/lib/PEX5/libPEX5.so.6.0*
XF3.2/xc/lib/SM/libSM.so.6.0*
XF3.2/xc/lib/X11/libX11.so.6.1*
XF3.2/xc/lib/XIE/libXIE.so.6.0*
XF3.2/xc/lib/XThrStub/libXThrStub.so.6.0*
XF3.2/xc/lib/Xaw/libXaw.so.6.1*
XF3.2/xc/lib/Xext/libXext.so.6.1*
XF3.2/xc/lib/Xi/libXi.so.6.0*
XF3.2/xc/lib/Xmu/libXmu.so.6.0*
XF3.2/xc/lib/Xt/libXt.so.6.0*
XF3.2/xc/lib/Xtst/libXtst.so.6.1*

(The Program dga didn't compile, but I have not check out why.)

Now you can copy the resulting libs

cp XF3.2/xc/lib/*/*.so.?.? /usr/X11R6/lib/

and create some links

cd /usr/X11R6/lib/
ln -s libXThrStub.so.6.0 libXThrStub.so.6
ln -s libXThrStub.so.6 libXThrStub.so
or use make install (not tested, and needs new configuration).

It is possible with the libXThrSub to compile X11 programs without linking
libpthread to them and not necessary to recompile already installed
unthreaded X11 programs, because libXThrSub keeps the dynamic linker quit.
On the other hand you can link libpthread to a X11 program to use threads.

I used linux 2.0.23 and libc 5.4.7 .

Hans-Helmut Bühmann     hans na expmech.ing.tu-bs.de

... Dalej nasleduje samotny patch ...

> ---
> Ondrej Koala Vacha

----- I can't get no satisfaction -----