Uvaha: Jak rozsirit Linux (bylo Re: Hledam lidi)

Pavel Hanak hanak na brailcom.cz
Pátek Září 5 14:56:08 CEST 1997

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Karel Zak wrote:

>  Hm, M$. Je otazkou jestli se snazit o neco jako Word/Excel nebo zustat u
> OS pro servery "a slapat na paty super OS WinNT."
>
> Linux je super, ale sekretarkam bych ho nepral (zatim).

Myslim, ze tento zpusob uvazovani neni stastny, protoze stale stavi
Linux do svetla produktu urceneho jen urcite uzke skupine lidi.
Chtel bych zde poukazat na stanovisko samotneho Linuse. Prinasim zde
vynatek z clanku "Atlanta Linux Showcase Report" z posledniho (zarijoveho)
cisla Linux Journal:

"...All of these efforts seemed to complement the keynote address
'World Domination 101', where Linus Torvalds called for applications,
applications, applications.
(Did I say he thought Linux needed a few more useful applications?)
Anyway, he pointed out the more or less obvious fact
that if Linux is going to be a success in a world of commercial operating
systems, it needs every application type available for commercial
operating systems.
In other words, if  you're thinking about writing application software
for Linux, don't think - just do it. Another thing pointed out by Linus,
and which  I was glad to hear echoed throughout the conference,
is the need for Linux to be easy to use. It needs to be so easy that
a secretary or corporate executive could use it as productively as they
would Windows 95. We need to make people realize that Linux has eliminated
the high learning curve usually associated with Unix."

Vsimnete si prosim toho sluvka "secretary" o nekolik radek vyse.

S pozdravem

Pavel Hanak
Brailcom, o.p.s.
Vysehradska 3/255, Praha 2