XF86Setup

James Martin james na ficom.net
Pátek Září 19 23:35:45 CEST 1997

Hello,

I am trying to setup Xwindows. I used the program XF86Setup to configure
the parameters. The setup goes well but when the Xwindows starts the words
and icons are not very legible unless highlighted with the mouse. I am
using a Trident TGUI9680 chipset in the video card and I have this value
set in the config file. There are very thin black vertical lines on the
screen. I have the tried the monitor settings at 640 and 800. This is with
Linux 3.3

It is hard to describe what the screen looks like. I guess if your were to
do a screen capture and save it as a low quality image that is what the
screen looks like. It is almost as if some of the pixels are missing. The
splash screen for the Xv program is clear and crisp and if you highlight
one of the options on the start menu it is legible but only when
highlighted. When I run XF86Setup and it ask if I would like to use the
existing file as the default it says file not found although the file does
exist in /etc .