URGENT FTP PROBLEM under RH 5.0

Michal Weinfurtner weinfurt na securities.cz
Pátek Prosinec 4 15:07:58 CET 1998

Hi everybody

I've got problem with wu-ftpd and restricted access for users!
I have installed RedHat 5.0 on two machines ( same instalation source
and proceedings ,same packages versions !!! )
I need to restrict access for some users as follows :
   user john have home directory /users/all/data/john and i need as to
he has his home dir. as his root dir. So i have entered his account in
passwd file as follows :
cbm:qjwjLJSijLj..kq:110:201::/users/all/data/john/./data:/bin/nosh
and in ftpaccess file i have this entry :
upload  /users/all/data/john       *        no
upload  /users/all/data/john      /data*   yes     cbm       datapump
0666 dirs
ON BOTH MACHINES SAME !!!

Entry from inetd.conf looks like this :
ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.ftpd -L -a

WHEN I LOGON TO ONE MACHINE I RECEIVE MESSAGE
User logged in .Access restriction apply .
AND ACCESS RESTRICTIONS ARE APPLIED RIGHT
BUT ON SECOND MACHINE
IT IS NOT WORKING .USER IS LOGGED WITHOUT ACCESS RESTRICTION !!

DO ANYBODY KNOW ,WHAT SHOULD BE REASON !!

'cheers'

Michal