#linuxhelp on BeyondIRC

bash axeirc na hotmail.com
Sobota Květen 9 01:34:34 CEST 1998

WHEN READING THIS IN NOTEPAD - MAKE SURE WORDWRAP IS ON

How to get on BeyondIRC and use #linuxhelp  v1.02
Written by AxeManiac   axemad na geocities.com

WELCOME!
~~~~~~~~
#linuxhelp is a channel dedicated to helping anyone who uses Linux and
for creating a place where we can all chat, ask questions and have
some fun. We are always employing new operators for the channel...so
you never know...you could someday be in charge!

To get onto #linuxhelp you need to log onto the BeyondIRC network. To
find the latest server addresses for BeyondIRC go to
http://www.beyondirc.net

LOGGING ON
~~~~~~~~~~
To get you started though, here is some steps to getting on BeyondIRC
and #linuxhelp

1. Get an IRC chat client such as mIRC or pIRCh. I prefer mIRC and you
can get this at
http://www.mirc.co.uk

2. When you have downloaded that and installed it, load it up and see
in the server list if there
is a BeyondIRC server. mIRC usually has a couple of servers listed, in
which case you just need to select one, type in your desired nick and
log on. Simple! If you dont have any servers for BeyondIRC though,
don't fret!...check out http://www.beyondirc.net for the server
listings.

As an example, below is the details for the server I log onto. Try
using it!

IRC SERVER : babylon.beyondirc.net
PORT(S)    : 6667, 6668, 6669
GROUP      : beyondirc

By the way...you don't need a password :)

REGISTERING YOUR NICK
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To register your nick so noone else can steal it, type:

/msg nickserv register <password>

Well there ya go...follow the instructions and come on see what ya
think. It's good fun and handy in those late night installation
sessions when you cant get the damn soundcard to work :)

NOTE FOR NEWBIES: IF you are new to linux, #linuxhelp is a good place
to ask questions on linux from people who know about it. Seeya there!

CHANNEL DETAILS:

Founder - AxeManiac

Operators - AxeManiac, ktulu

If you have any comments, complaints or otherwise, please direct them
to the channel founder AxeManiac at axemad na geocities.com.