Zajimave novinky: Press Roundup for October 29, 1998 (fwd)

Petr Snajdr pesna na didot.cz
Pátek Říjen 30 17:06:04 CET 1998

Dobry den,
	rad bych Vas upozornil na zajimave informace, ktere
plodi dave Whitinger nebo alespon ty, kteri je jeste neznaji.
Vzdy, kdyz se stane neco duleziteho, noveho atd. automaticky
obdrzite dopis a tak clovek muze vedet co
se aktualne deje bez prilisne velke namahy.
Aktualni ukazka nize. Vymazal
jsem nektere casti typu "Jak Gates vyhrozoval
@Home likvidaci" apod. Ideu jak se prihlasit najdete
nize.

S pozdravem
	Petr Snajdr

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 09:05:06 -0600 (CST)
From: Dave Whitinger <dave na linuxtoday.com>
To: linux-news-press na linuxtoday.com
Subject: Press Roundup for October 29, 1998

The Register: Oracle strikes deal to push Linux apps in Japan

Oracle has forged an alliance with Pacific Hi-Tech, the Asian Linux distributor

http://www.theregister.co.uk/981030-000002.html

<-->

[....]

<-->

PC Magazine: Virtual Private Networks article mentions Linux

Any mention of Linux is a good mention

http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/pclabs/nettools/1720/crosstalk.html

<-->

[....]

<-->

Sm na rt Reseller: Make Money With Linux

Forget that it's free. You can make money with Linux.

http://www.zdnet.com/sr/stories/news/0,4538,364408,00.html

<-->

YAHOO!: Red Hat secure server wins best of show at Networld+Interop '98 Atlanta

Data Communications And LANTimes Editors Name Red Hat
Linux Secure Web Server 2.0 A Best Of Show Award Winner At
Networld+Interop '98 Atlanta

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/981029/nc_red_hat_1.html

<-->

YAHOO!: Prolifics(R) To Support Linux with Q1 1999 Product Release

Prolifics tool gives developers the opportunity to build
enterprise-level applications on powerful, low-cost platform.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/981029/ny_prolifi_1.html

<-->

Apple: Shutting Down NT: How We Did I

"I had spent the past three years surrounded by Linux users and had come to
understand the power of Unix-based web servers. And while I was determined
to serve websites from a Macintosh, I also knew a solution that met my
needs as a developer and my clients' requirements for power, stability,
and speed was a must-have.

http://www.apple.com/publishing/internet/kai/

<-->

TechWeb: Unix Growth Still Outpaces Win NT

"That's a good combo, Linux and Java," he said.

http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB19981029S0001

<-->

EE TIMES: Linux inventor assesses future of open-source software

Linus Torvalds is rapidly becoming an influential figure in Silicon
Valley.

http://www.eet.com/story/OEG19981027S0007

<-->

Guardian: How Windows could open up for Linux

As for an alternative, the only viable option is Linux.

http://go2.guardian.co.uk/computing/909592960-second.html

<-->

Inter na ctive Week: Linux Influx: Turning Freeware Into Bloatware

"... so far, applications have not been on the radar of open source code
developers."

http://www.zdnet.com/intweek/stories/news/0,4164,2156832,00.html

<-->

[...]

<-->

YAHOO!: Oracle in Technology, Marketing Alliance With Asia's Largest Linux Company

Pacific HiTech to Distribute Oracle8 on TurboLinux in Japan and U.S.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/981029/pacific_hi_1.html

--
For all the day's Linux headlines, visit http://linuxtoday.com