exec cgi in apache 1.3.1

Sevo Stille sevo na inm.de
Čtvrtek Září 24 01:45:43 CEST 1998

John Arrowwood wrote:

> If you
> choose the latter approach, you might want to only
> over-ride it for that directory, not all, by using
> a .htaccess file.

Time for my standard disclaimer: .htaccess files provide directory
administrators without server administration privileges with a
controlled subset of configuration directives pertaining to their
directory. Except for that particular case, they are not the right place
for per-directory settings! Anything possible in a .htaccess file (and
more) can be done inside Directory or Location sections of the config
file.

Apart from questionable security of putting configuration files in a
world readable (and often script-writeable) place, .htaccess files have
to be searched, read and parsed at every hit, and on heavily loaded
servers, that extra stat and filesystem activity can be particularily
undesirable.

Sevo

--
Sevo Stille