info o Linuxu na RS/6000

Horak Daniel horak na mmp.plzen-city.cz
Středa Září 30 14:56:08 CEST 1998

kdysi byl v konferenci dotaz na Linux na RS/6000, nasledujici radky jsou
z FAQ na www.linuxppc.org

						Dan

I've been able to confirm 2.1.56 boots and mounts root off an initial
ramdisk
on IBM 7024 E30 series RS/6000 machines. As such, I'd assume it will
also boot
on the older 7024 E20 machines as well. The kernel did not see the
secondary
PCI bus, or the NCR SCSI controller that resided on the secondary PCI
bus. These
machines are basically PREP machines, I used the PREP Redhat install
image on
Cort Dougan's site. I can not test any of the newer prebuilt
kernels/install
images as all of our machines are headless, and none of them appear to
have
serial console support compiled in. If someone builds a more recent
kernel with
serial console support I'd be glad to give it a try. Same goes for a
CHRP image,
as I have limited access to a 7024 F40.

chorn na warwick.net

Oops, make that a 7025 F40 in the above.
chorn na warwick.net