Java v Netscape na RH6.0

Petr Valenta valenta na amis.cz
Pondělí Srpen 16 11:19:53 CEST 1999

Mel jsem se svym Netscapem stejny problem. Reseni jsem nasel u Redhatu
(aspon mne to pomohlo) na adrese

http://www.redhat.com/cgi-bin/support?solution&11-990511-0082&100-926468988&14-0&15-0&25-&3-&30-

Jeho text predkladam tak, jak jsem ho tam nasel:

    I have installed Red Hat Linux 6.0 and Netscape keeps crashing when I reach a page with Java
    applets in it. I have also noticed that some of my applications do not display fonts correctly.

What is going on?
    Solution:
    There is a problem in one of the installation RPMS that is causing many systems to not have a complete list of fontpath for X to use.

    To see if this is the problem you are facing, please use the command

    chkfontpath --list

    You should get output that looks like the following:

    Current directories in font path:

    1: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled

    2: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled

    3: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi:unscaled

    4: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc

    5: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1

    6: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo

    You should then add the 75dpi scaled font to your path list using the command:

    chkfontpath --add /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi
 --

                                         Petr Valenta
                                         e-mail: valenta na amis.cz