JIT pro Linux (was RE: Linux - C nebo Java?)

Jaroslav Klaus J.Klaus na sh.cvut.cz
Pondělí Srpen 23 17:20:29 CEST 1999

On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 04:10:23PM +0200, Roman Stanek wrote:
> >Kdyz uz se tu zminuje java, netusite nekdo, zda existuje nejake jdk pro
> linux s
> >funkcnim JIT?
>
> tohle byl zacatek meho puvodniho postingu - JIT pro Linux zatim bohuzel
> neexistuje, ale my bychom do teto oblasti radi investovali. Pevne verim, ze
> je v Cechach dost lidi co jsou veci jako JIT (v podstate compiler) schopni
> napsat.

Nebude z toho neco funkcniho i pro Linux?
Kaffe is a virtual machine used to run Java bytecode.  It includes
its own implementation of the Java standard classes, including the
AWT classes. Kaffe also does "just-in-time" compilation of Java
bytecode into machine code for increased execution speed.

WWW: http://www.kaffe.org
ShuJIT is a Just In Time bytecode compiler (JIT) which
works with Sun Microsystems' Java(tm) Virtual Machine
(JVM) such as JDK and JRE on Intel x86 processors.

http://www.shudo.net/jit/index.html
TYA is a ``100% unofficial'' JIT-compiler designed as an
add-on to the Blackdown ports of JDK 1.1.x for Linux (x86),
but currently experimental ported for usage with JDK 1.2.

ftp://gonzalez.cyberus.ca/pub/Linux/java/
(A hele, tenhle je dokonce primo pro Linux)

Jarda Klaus