cannot type accented chars, RH6.1

Tomas Kral thomas.kral na scisys.cz
Čtvrtek Prosinec 9 18:10:25 CET 1999

Hello again,

Further to the above..

Can anyone shed some light on the above. I basically cannot type some
Central European chars using ISO8859-2 fonts.

When I type chars with keykodes: 3-7, they are not printed on my CRT,
while other in the row, i.e. 8-11 are printed as they should.

I have tried to modify csy.kimap, specificaly the line of csy.kimap:
keysym1=2,ecaron,2,at,,

to read:
keysym1=2,egrave,2,at,,

which led to a suprising result of having c printed with the correct
accent, I  would have expected e though!.

How does KDE keymap correspond to standard LINUX keymaps, with
inernational support as per dumpkeys?

I need to know to be able to correct the above.

P.S. I have also copied 'kde na lists.netcentral.net' mailing list.

Cheers,
_______
SCIENCE	Thomas Kral
SYSTEMS	http://www.scisys.co.uk