dns cache

Igor Kilian igor.kilian na interba.spp.sk
Pondělí Prosinec 27 16:34:43 CET 1999

Tu je teda vypis o DNS cache:

7. Where does the caching name server store its cache? Is there any
     way I can control the size of the cache?

     The cache is completely stored in memory, it is not written to disk
     at any time.  Every time you kill named the cache is lost.  The
     cache is not controllable in any way.  named manages it according
     to some simple rules and that is it.  You cannot control the cache
     or the cache size in any way for any reason. If you want to you can
     ``fix'' this by hacking named.  This is however not recommended.

  8. Does named save the cache between restarts?  Can I make it save it?

     No, named does not save the cache when it dies.  That means that
     the cache must be built anew each time you kill and restart named.
     There is no way to make named save the cache in a file.  If you
     want you can ``fix'' this by hacking named.  This is however not
     recommended.

sorry na zaciatku tohoto dotazu som si vylozil otazku trosku inak.

Igor
Ing. Igor KILIAN
InfoGas a.s., Kozia 17
815 37 Bratislava, Slovakia