ANNOUNCE: Lexmark 7000 driver for Linux *pre-ALPHA*

Henryk Paluch paluch na bimbo.fjfi.cvut.cz
Neděle Únor 7 13:58:09 CET 1999

LEXMARK 7000 PRINTER DRIVER FOR LINUX (AND OTHER OPEN SOURCE SYSTEMS)
(C) 1999 Henryk Paluch, paluch na bimbo.fjfi.cvut.cz

Hi folks!

This is my first release of Lexmark 7000 driver for Linux. It took so much
time, because Lexmark does NOT provide protocol specification for third
party. They consider it "copyrighted". So, this work is completely based on
disassembling printing files (using driver Windows and Print to File
capability in programs). It does mean, that this program comes WITHOUT ANY
WARRANTY! Use it on your own risk only!

Current features:
-----------------

* Black/White printing 600x300 dpi only (600dpi horizontal, 300dpi vertical)
* work as filter PBM -> printer, e. g. easy integration with Ghost-Script

As I stated above, this driver is *pre-pre-pre-pre ALPHA* version. Use it on
your own risk. I'll gladly appreciate bug reports and bug fixes concerning
this driver. I also hope, that Lexmark will change his "OSS deny" policy
soon.

Contact
-------

The most recent version of this driver should be available on:

http://bimbo.fjfi.cvut.cz/~paluch/l7kdriver/

e-mail: paluch na bimbo.fjfi.cvut.cz

I hope you will enjoy this "underground" release of Lexmark 7000
printer driver

        Henryk Paluch, paluch na bimbo.fjfi.cvut.cz