A little help, please.

Kyle J Dobbs Dobbs15 na frontiernet.net
Úterý Červen 15 23:15:10 CEST 1999

I just purchased Calder Linux 2.2 a few days ago and I am waiting for it to
arrive.  I am very skilled at using an IBM PC in Dos and any of the flavors
of windows.  I also know a little bit about NT.

I have quite a few questions:

1.) Is there any guide that I can download?

2.) Which guides are good and which are crap?

3.) Which linux books are worth buying and which aren't?

4.) Should I run caldera in the GUI or in the Dos like mode?

5.) How will I set up my internet connection when Linux arrives (that is one
of the first things that I want to get working).

6.) Will a WinModem work in Linux?

7.) What Info sources are best suited to the questions of Linux newbies?

8.) Which newsgroups are worth posting and reading through?

9.) What is Linus Torvalds' web page address?

10.)  Is there anything else that you can help me with?