Vypalovani CD pod RH5.1 nebo RH6.0

Radek Libovicky radek na sopik.cz
Pátek Květen 7 10:13:21 CEST 1999

Zdravim tohle jsem dostal mailem kdyz jsem taky schanel info ...jestli chces
mam i program pro paleni...:

> >HP tell me they only support win95 for their 7200 drives, which
> >causes real problems with firmware updates (I had to temporarily
> >install the drive in a win95 machine to update).

I know it's been a while since we last had contact, but the FAQ and
README.ATAPI needs a small update. I should have told you this when I
updated the firmware in my drive.

HP-7200 CD-RW drives _must_ have their firmware updated to 3.01 for
reliable operation. This is a simple procedure as they have flash bios,
but you have to put the drive into a win95 machine to do it - there is
NO linux or dos update program.

The update program may work inside Wine, but it may also turn your drive
into a useless lump of scrap metal. I have no idea how well Wine handles
attempts to directly control the ATAPI bus and I can't afford to kill a
drive finding out.

The patch and bugfix list is available at
http://www.hp.com/isgsupport/cdr/70index.html#Firmware

Also for buyers:

If you're considering buying a ATAPI CD writer and have a choice between
a 7200 and the newer 8100 drives, buy the 8100. They have a dust-sealed
7200.

My 7200i is in a computer cabinet in an airconditioned room and has
quite noticeable amounts of fine dust inside it after 8 months. I
believe that under normal "room" conditions, dust will be a serious
problem as the dust is sucked in around the edges of the drawer and
through the unit. My drive now has a makeshift "dust seal" courtesy of
3M's magic mending tape.

I've finally managed to find some time to do more experimenting.
Several people have mailed me details on creating audio CDs using
cdrecord, so I'll try that out too. :-)

S pozdravem RAdek
http://www.sopik.cz - Snaha o nejvetsi virtualni obchodni dum v CR.
http://www.webland.cz - Zdarma www prostor, CGI, FTP