kakasniff & Linux List linux na muni.cz (cz.comp.linux)

Peter pe na ics.co.at
Středa Květen 12 13:40:28 CEST 1999

Thanks to all responders

With you help I could fix the problem

- The intruder used a Secuity Whole in popper.
  (fixed by an Upate)

- The sniffer generated an email to "rgoodwing na hotmail.com". The
  mail contains /etc/passwd. The user is unkown at hotmail

- I fixed the Login-Problem by reinstalling serverel packages

Thanks to all

Peter

PS: The Systems affected are:
- Suse 4.4.1 (with several Updates)