XDMCP Broadcast

Corp. yA (Zdenek Pizl) admin na e2.pef.czu.cz
Čtvrtek Listopad 25 17:14:04 CET 1999

Peter Ronai wrote:

> "HANUSIAK, Peter" wrote:
> >

> mna by ale zaujimalo podobne pre Linux. Ako prinutim startx pripnut sa na
> specificky server pre grafiku a ako si dam vylistovat servery ktore to
> momentalne v sieti ponukaju?

man Xserver(1):
---
Xdmcp Options

X servers that support XDMCP have the following options. See the X
Display Manager Control Protocol specification for more information.

-query host-name
Enable XDMCP and send Query packets to the specified host.

-broadcast
Enable XDMCP and broadcast BroadcastQuery packets to the network. The
first responding display manager will be chosen for the session.

-indirect host-name
Enable XDMCP and send IndirectQuery packets to the specified host.

-port port-num
Use an alternate port number for XDMCP packets. Must be specified before
any -query, -broadcast or -indirect options.

-class display-class
XDMCP has an additional display qualifier used in resource lookup for
display-specific options. This option sets that value, by default it is
ŤMIT-Unspecifiedť (not a very useful value).

-cookie xdm-auth-bits
When testing XDM-AUTHENTICATION-1, a private key is shared between the
server and the manager. This option sets the value of that private data
(not that it is very private, being on the command line!).

-displayID display-id
Yet another XDMCP specific value, this one allows the display manager to
identify each display so that it can locate the shared key.

          Zdeněk Pižl, (Corp. yA), http://e2.pef.czu.cz/~xpizl
             mail me only in ISO 8859-2 or in ASCII
         ... what disk do you want to erase today ?? ...