squid logrotate

Pavel Kankovsky peak na argo.troja.mff.cuni.cz
Středa Únor 2 10:58:58 CET 2000

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Martin Frys wrote:

> >myslim, ze staci squidovu rotaci paralyzovat vhodnym nastavenim
> >v squid.conf (nekde se napise nula nebo neco takoveho...kdo hleda, najde)
> a tu ja chtel zrovna zachovat (abych nemusel delat squid stop a squid
> start - kvuli rychlosti)

Read the F* Config File

#  TAG: logfile_rotate
#       Specifies the number of logfile rotations to make when you
#       type 'squid -k rotate'.  The default is 10, which will rotate
#       with extensions 0 through 9.  Setting logfile_rotate to 0 will
#       disable the rotation, but the logfiles are still closed and
#       re-opened.  This will enable you to rename the logfiles
#       yourself just before sending the rotate signal.
#
#       Note, the 'squid -k rotate' command normally sends a USR1
#       signal to the running squid process.  In certain situations
#       (e.g. on Linux with Async I/O), USR1 is used for other
#       purposes, so -k rotate uses another signal.  It is best to get
#       in the habit of using 'squid -k rotate' instead of 'kill -USR1
#       <pid>'.
#
#logfile_rotate 0

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."