Philips velo 1 updates

Pavel Machek pavel na suse.cz
Úterý Červenec 11 14:21:44 CEST 2000

                                    Status

   Linux is fully usable. I'm currently running mutt/uemacs on it.
   Keyboard works. I still do not know how to handle LEDs and
powersave
   serial ports, but basic functionality is there. My kernel is
[2]here,
   configured for 4bpp velo 1 with 4MB main and 8MB expanded
memory. I'm
   using [3]4M ramdisk with telnetd, ftpd, busybox, uemacs, mutt and
few
   other tools. It is able to mount bigger disk using nfs/tcp. Use
   [4]this bootloader.

   Velo 1 support is merged into linux-vr cvs, get it from there if
you
   are interesed in sources. My modified sources (no essential changes
   done) are [5]here.

                                  Installing

   This section wants your contribution :-). Basically, its simple:
tell
   your velo to configure use ppp over dialup line, then fake modem

								Pavel
read more at http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/velo/
--
The best software in life is free (not shareware)!		Pavel
GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+