ATI TV

Petr Rusnok inter.audit na trz.cz
Pátek Červen 2 12:41:41 CEST 2000

neco jsem nasel k to karte

Being that I'm a very bored college student who has to much time on his
hands (here at SUNY Buffalo), I thought I'd get the ATI TV-Wonder
working with BTTV. You just have to add the following to you
/etc/conf.modules file (you have to be in your root account to modify
it):

#tv
  alias char-major-81     videodev
  alias char-major-81-0   bttv
  pre-install bttv        modprobe -k msp3400; modprobe -k tuner
  options bttv            vidmem=0xe80 radio=0 card=0
  options tuner           type=8 debug=1

That assumes you have all the bttv and videodev and that shit installed
and compiled. All I know is that Mandrake 7 has it in there already, and
probably RedHat 6.2 also. As for other distro's, I don't know.  Your
vidmem setting may also vary between 0xea0, 0xea60 and 0xea80. The best
way to tell is to run kwintv (best prog I've found) from a terminal
window, and it'll tell you if it should be different. Hope that helps.
I've been working it without a single lockup consistently for over a few
months!! In Windows it'd lock up in minutes, even with fresh installs.
Later. Also, to go into full screen, you have to tell it to switch to
640x480 in the setup. I use my monitor controls to stretch it out a
little bit to the edges, and it works great. :) If you have any
problems, or any little quirts with it, just email me back.

-Daniel Fletcher