Rozdil vykonu i386-i686

Michal Krause michal na krause.cz
Pátek Listopad 3 14:37:46 CET 2000

On 02/11/2000, Petr Cech wrote:

> > > tezko. chcete to dohakovat do kazdeho driveru, knihovny, ...? :))
> >
> > Mozna ne, treba by stacilo pouzit pgcc (gcc optimalizovane pro Pentia).
>
> hmm. a kdy to ty MMX instrukce generuje?

Nevim jak, ale nejak to dela. Viz FAQ:

4.4 Can PGCC use the MMX features of my CPU?

Recent snapshots support MMX so long as you are using binutils-2.9.1 or
later. You can include MMX instructions in inline assemlber, or enable
the compiler optimizations by using the -mmx option (use -mmx-only if
your code never uses the FPU). These optimizations are unlikely produce
much improvement without special fine-tuning of the code to take
advantage of them.

Jina vec je, ze

This probably won't result in any improvement on Pentiums - their MMX
unit is not particularly fast, so the code must be specially structured
to take advantage of the MMX. The implementation of MMX in the Pentium
II is somewhat better, so more improvements may be seen there.

S pozdravem
--
Michal Krause                                                      /\
ICQ: 7665279            Informace (nejenom) ze sveta Linuxu     /\/  \

                           Penguino  veritas