PREROUTING vs INPUT&FORWARD v iptables

Miroslav Petricek mirek na petricek.cz
Středa Prosinec 19 11:48:04 CET 2001

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 10:55:07PM +0100, Michal Vymazal wrote:

> Nevim, jak ta veta byla myslena, ale to, co jsem podtrhl, je ponekud
> zavadejici. NAT je Network Address Translation (doufam), takze jim
> prochazeji vsechny pakety. Nejenom pakety se SYN atributem. Radeji to
> poopravte, nez si to nekdo postavi :-)

cituji z

http://www.boingworld.com/workshops/linux/iptables-tutorial/index.html

This table should only be used for NAT (Network Address Translation) on
different packets... Note that, as we have said before, only the first
packet in a stream will hit this chain. After this, the rest of the
packets will automatically have the same action taken on them as the
first packet

/*     Miroslav Petricek           mirek na petricek.cz
       Brno, Czech Rep.            ICQ: 56183467
    It's entirely untested, but it looks good and
        compiles. Ship it!            - Linus Torvalds               */