ANNOUNCE: Mape, release 0.1
zakkr na zf.jcu.cz
Čtvrtek Červenec 19 15:51:22 CEST 2001
Mape - Modular Application Engine, release 0.1
The Mape Global Development Team is proud to announce first release
of the Modular APplication Engine (MAPE). The goal of this OpenSource
system (licensed GPL/LGPL) is to provide capabilities to write multi-
tier applications in multiple programming languages, use different
GUIs on clients and access multiple database systems.
Whole applications are stored in MAPE system catalog which is stored
in a supported SQL database server. XML is used for application
description - how the application should look and what it should do.
Applications are running on the server, but some parts can run the
Where the thing can be found - http://mape.jcu.cz.
What can do MAPE now:
* use PostgreSQL for its system catalog location
* access PostgreSQL, InterBase, ODBC and DB2 data sources for
* use GTK+ as a GUI toolkit on clients
* write applications as functions in any language that can create a
* write applications as Tcl scripts
* use SQL queries for retrieving/storing application data
What you can expect in the future:
* use more DB servers - Oracle, MySQL, ...
* use more GUI toolkits - Qt, text-ones, HTML (so you can use your
Web browser as a client), ...
* use more scripting languages for writing applications - Python,
* client implementation in Java
* XML-RPC support
Mape Development Team
Další informace o konferenci Linux