Announce: pozadavek

Petr Vanek vanous na penguin.cz
Neděle Červenec 29 05:29:00 CEST 2001

dobry den,
tohle mi prislo, je to uz par dni a mam spatne svedomi, ze jsem jim
neodepsal. ma nekdo zajem na tomhle spolupracovat?

bye

Vanous
Petr Vanek                       ..... ./\.  ....
Debian GNU Linux                 .. _|\|  |/|_ ..
vanous na penguin.cz                .. \        /...
http://www.penguin.cz/~vanous    ... >______< ...
Angus, Ontario, CA               ...... / .......
Registered linux user #217487

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 17:11:54 +0100
From: Tim Worstall <tcw na netcabo.pt>
To: vanous na penguin.cz

Given my non Czech speaking status I can't work out where on your user group to post anything....so I write direct.

I'm from a small company called TheElectron.com...have a look at our site at 212.67.205.160....this is a demo still.
We run on Linux on Intel....and we're looking for Linux types to run local language equivalents.
Basically we're a search engine, but a search engine of the daily and weekly newspapers. Rather like a clippings agency. We will provide the software, the advertising, the plan, the links to the other language sites and future directions ( we know where we're going for perhaps the next 2 years.)
Local partners will need to provide a server ( for the Czech republic a PII would be more than adequate ), translation of the front pages ( the walker and indexer already work in Czech ) and basic marketing via bulletin boards etc.
The aim would be for us and the local partner to share the ad revenue generated.

A Linux user group seems like a good place to start looking ........do you know of anyone who might be interested i nthis ? It would probably involve about 2 weeks work to set up , plus maintenance .
We're also interested in a Slovak version...perhaps they could be run together ?

Yours Tim Worstall
Tim Worstall
Portugal office.
tcw na netcabo.pt
tcw na 2xtreme.net
00 351 214 868 326 phone
00 351 214 868 319 fax
mobile 00 351 963525918

Cogito Eggo Sum.....I think therefore I am an omlette.