BFU: Chyba pppd 16

Gratz Jaroslav xgratz01 na stud.fee.vutbr.cz
Čtvrtek Červen 7 14:31:13 CEST 2001

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Ivo Cilich wrote:

> To mi je jasne, ale zaznam je jen v pap-secrets a jako root se pripojim,
> takze v tom to IMHO nebude. Na me to pusobi tak, ze nekde tomu chybi prava,
> ale kde?

Kdyz nepomohlo dat pppd setuid bit, tak se podivejte, jestli ho ma kppp.
Ono ho mit nemusi, ale je to nejjednodussi reseni:

http://www.trylinuxsd.com/KDEtour/Internet/kppp/kppp-7.html

Why is kppp installed with the SETUID bit on?

There is no need for the SETUID bit, if you know a bit of Unix systems
administration. Simply create a modem group, add all users that you want
to give access to the modem to that group and make the modem device
read/writable for that group. Also if you want DNS configuration to work
with kppp, then /etc/resolv.conf must be read/writable by the members of
that group. The same counts for /etc/ppp/pap-secrets and
/etc/ppp/chap-secrets if you want to use the built-in PAP or CHAP support,
respectively.

Please do not criticise me for installing kppp with setuid bit on, I
simply can no longer handle the amount of mail I used to get from
desperate users who had problems getting kppp to work because they didn't
understand enough about Unix and device permissions.

J.G.