Samba 2.2.0 jako PDC (Win2000)

Vit.Hradecny na YieldTech.cz Vit.Hradecny na YieldTech.cz
Pátek Květen 18 17:24:51 CEST 2001

Zkuste nasledujici postup:

Thanks to everyone from the list who pointed out the section of the
PDC-HOWTO I had overlooked; i.e. that currently only root (added to
smbpasswd) can allow a machine to join a domain.  I added root to
smbpasswd, and had no problem signing my W2K SP1 machine onto the domain
and then logging in as myself.

Here are a couple of comments regarding advice I received and stuff I read
in the HOWTO.  My goal was to get it working with the minimum amount of
configuration cruft.  To this end, I discovered that:

(1)
I did not have to mention root in the domain admins; in fact, I don't
even, as far as I know, have domain admins set up in the configuration
file.  All I did was add root to smbpasswd.

(2)
I did not add the machine name (i.e. trust account) to the smbpasswd
file.  All I did was add machine$ to /etc/passwd and the smbpasswd file
was updated automatically when the machine joined the domain.  The only
thing I put in the smbpasswd file are user names (including root) I added
using smbpasswd -a.

(3)
Because the samba PDC and the W2K workstation are on different subnets, I
did make the samba machine the WINS server on the W2K workstation.  I'm
not sure this would have been necessary had the machines been on the same
subnet.

Here is my complete smb.conf:
------------------------------------
  [global]