A question from 'desperate' Steven

Stepan Kuchta Praguois na seznam.cz
Středa Říjen 17 12:44:18 CEST 2001

Because I didn't find any answer what to do, I send my question one
more time...:

Hi, here is Steven from the Czech republic...
Please, could you help me how to fix my problem with linux? If I want
to go through the login process, I can't because of these messages:
1)
/BOOT contains a file system with errors, check forced.
/BOOT: Inode 1433 has imagic flag set. /BOOT UNEXPECTED
INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY. (i.e., without -a or -p options)
[failed]
*** An error occurred during the file system check.
*** Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot
*** when you leave the shell.
Give root password for maintenance. (or type Control-D for normal
startup):

<!-- If I give my root password, then prompt or something appears:
Repair filesystem 1 # _ and I don't know what to type in... -->

Or 2)
Checking filesystems fsck.ext2(null): The superblock could not be
read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is
valid and it really contains an ext2 filesystem (and not swap or ufs
or something else) then the superblock is corrupt, and you might try
running e2fsck with an alternate superblock: e2fsck -b 8193 <device>:
No such file or directory while trying to open LABEL=/BOOT [FAILED]
And then again: *** An error occurred during the file system check.
*** Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot
*** when you leave the shell.
Give root password for maintenance. (or type Control-D for normal
startup):

If somebody will answer me, thank him in advance...
Steven

Objevte oranzovy svet financi a vyhrajte v soutezi s ING!
http://soutez.ing.cz