undefined subroutine in dh_clean while building a package

Marcel Kolaja xkolaja na aurora.fi.muni.cz
Čtvrtek Srpen 1 21:59:28 CEST 2002

Dobrý den,

mám problém s buildem balíčku na Debianu.

I had made some modifications in cron-apt and then I tried to build the
package. But I got some error. So I tried to build the official 0.0.7
version but got the same error:

marcel na oldtimer(pts/4):~/debian/cron-apt/cron-apt$ LC_ALL=C dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is cron-apt
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 0.0.7
dpkg-buildpackage: source maintainer is Ola Lundqvist <opal na debian.org>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is i386
 fakeroot debian/rules clean
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
rm -f build-stamp configure-stamp
# Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
/usr/bin/make clean
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/marcel/debian/cron-apt/cron-apt'
rm man/cron-apt.1*
rm: cannot remove `man/cron-apt.1*': No such file or directory
make[1]: [clean] Error 1 (ignored)
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/marcel/debian/cron-apt/cron-apt'
dh_clean
Undefined subroutine &main::excludefile called at /usr/bin/dh_clean line 64.
make: *** [clean] Error 255
marcel na oldtimer(pts/4):~/debian/cron-apt/cron-apt$

The machine I was trying to build the package on is Woody. But it can have
newer versions of some packages because it had been an old unstable and
after Woody's release it has been upgraded to Woody. So I tried another
machine. I got the same error. So I tried another machine. This machine is
pure Woody. Everything worked. Does anyone have any idea what can be on
those two machines wrong?

Už jsem zkoušel přeinstalovat debhelper a perl, ale bohužel se nic
nezměnilo. :-(

S pozdravem

Marcel Kolaja                              http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xkolaja/
NLPlab FI MU                                        http://nlp.fi.muni.cz/
"I could be wrong, of course. But I'm never wrong."
       -- Linus Torvalds