velke disky a linux

Vaclav Bilek v.bilek na 1art.cz
Úterý Srpen 27 11:17:14 CEST 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:35:14 +0200
Private <baloun na pds.plz.cdrai.cz> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 23:37:24 +0200, Vaclav Bilek wrote:
>
>    Nekolikrat to tu bezelo, ext3 muze mit disky tusim do 2TB

no me nejde o limit filesystemu ale o to jestli mate nekdo skusenosti s ata disky vetsimi nez 137GB

preposilam co jsem se docetl na ext3-mailinglistu:
That is because IDE disks have a addressing limit at 137GB.  You need to have "48-bit" support in order to use such a large disk.Either you need to enable the 48-bit option, or it is possible that this patch is not yet in the kernel.  Try the -ac branch - it has
most of the IDE fixes included.