[NET.JAM] season to share

eyescratch (TM) eyescratch na share.dj
Pondělí Prosinec 16 07:16:22 CET 2002

            )--)--^>>>>
   >)*^)_)-)-/)
        Wb%Qshare.dj\*
   ly-,;dj )k20l.../)>)__*))>
     :_kkf,nuIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
 l__)I-)*( 9%677%3*
       &776964458piu
         <..>. /)__)___)
           y%<+=
       %---)--(_)\+
           *)_--_--_--_-

[ -- call for collaborative a/v art -- ]

INTRO:

  According to our records, Share first convened in early summer
  2001.  273 hours of open jam, 78 hours of featured sets, and 525 GB
  of audio archives later, we're still going strong with newly extended
  hours (5pm until 1am or later most Sundays), new participants, and
  great jams and featured sets each week.

  hosted by lloop + geoffGDAM + newclueless
  encouraged by o.blaat

  See http://share.dj for full description, schedule, faq, photos,
  directions, and live internet broadcast while Share is in session.

SUNDAYS:

* Open Video Jam  5pm to close
  Multi-user live video synthesis on 4 screens + 1 waterfall.  Bring
  video gear and VGA / RBG / S-Video / Composite cables to join in.  We
  have VGA cables available for laptop users.

* Open Audio Jam  5pm to close  with breaks for Featured Sets
  Multi-user audio jam on a great sound system, up to three seperate rooms.
  Bring portable electronics and matched 1/4" cables to join.

* Featured Set(s)  8pm
  Many weeks we invite Share regulars, local and touring artists to play
  a featured set.  During the featured set, the audio jam usually takes a
  break.

* Notice
  Please note that on 29 December we will close at 9:30pm.  Other nights
  we are open until 1am or later.

YEAR'S END 2002 AT SHARE:

* 22 December - Mike Berk
  Throwing it all away and beginning again, mike will make an
  exploratory venture through the sounds of his youth. No clicks,
  no pops, no granulators, no sequencing. As for the computer...well?

* 29 December - Deepfatfried  [EARLY CLOSE AT 9:30pm]
  With a sound that blends edgy electronics, ghetto-tech basslines,
  house thump, and breakbeat riddims, California-based Deepfatfried
  has been melting consumer electronics since 1996. DFF is in New York
  to celebrate an upcoming CD release on Diet Strychnine Records. The
  duo will be bringing an improvised live laptop set.

* 5 January  - osso bucco   and   Heartworm
  osso bucco is Nyc born, Florida bred and Barcelona based sonic artist
  gregg kowalsky's solo project. After several years of manipulating sounds
  inside his laptop, osso bucco has brought his music to the people with
  performances at the Sonar Festival and Wrong Festival in Barcelona and
  the Nursery Summer Festival in Stockholm. His music weaves back and forth
  between ambient noise and digital harmony, which appears to be the focus
  of the compositions. The textures he creates from overlapping repetitive,
  DSP clicks and processed layers of sounds provide the backdrop to the
  subtle melodies. In December, one of his tracks will appear on the Wrong
  Festival Compilation cd with Hrvatski, Dj Rupture and Once11. For more
  info and mp3s go to www.nosordo.com/ossobucco and www.observatoryonline.org

  nyC based brandon taylor (akA the heartworm) creates severely fractured
  glitch-core nonsense on severely fractured laptop, combining skewed and
  disected rythms, visceral textures, and stuttering melodies.  the heartworm
  co-hosts the weekly "opiate" ambient party at {*}penair (along with
  aaron spectre and unit), is a founder of the ever ominous slum.org music
  collective and has recorded and performed music for web, film and artist
  installation work.  he has released recordings for various imprints
  (DHR, aklass records, slum.org.)

FREE
  Share
  Sundays 5pm - close
  [*]PENAIR (bring your I/D to get in!)
  121 St. Marks Place (near Avenue A) NYC | 212-979-1459
  21+ please bring ID
  http://share.dj

            )--)--^>>>>
   >)*^)_)-)-/)
        Wb%Qshare.dj\*
   ly-,;dj )k20l.../)>)__*))>
     :_kkf,nuIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
 l__)I-)*( 9%677%3*
       &776964458piu
           y%<+=

OUTRO:

whoever guesses our streaming window viewer
may become unsubscribed and order the firehorse:

stoli in a chilled shot glass
with a lime and a lemon twist.