Mini Distribuce

Peter Mann Peter.Mann na tuke.sk
Středa Červenec 24 06:14:26 CEST 2002

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 09:54:32PM +0200, Jan Kaspar wrote:
> Chci se zeptat kde muzu stahnout nejakou mini distribuli linuxu na cd, ktera
> bude vlastne slozit i pro zavedeni Linuxu primo z CD jako kdyby to bylo
> na nem nainstalovane. Uf snad me nekdo pochopi.....

no, neviem, ci chcete mini-cd, alebo plne cd, tak z kazdeho nieco:

http://www.demolinux.org/

This site is dedicated to the production of CD Roms (the DemoLinux CDs)
that allow to run Linux  without installation, disk partitioning and
other hassles that usually prevent people from giving Linux a try.

This is made possible by a set of technological features in the Linux
kernel, and by means of some other free software (notably by S.u.S.E.
and RedHat) that we reuse here.

Welcome to DemoLinux 3.0.
Among various other improvements, version 3.0 now introduces the Xvesa X
server, remplacing the framebuffer used before, which depended on VESA
2.0 cards. We now handle PCI sound cards, Lucent winmodems, Reiserfs
version 3.5.x, certain USB peripherals and several other 2.2.18 kernel
devices. As for version 2.0, DemoLinux 3 heavily uses a transparent
compression schema that allows to sotre over a gigabyte of applications,
including GNOME and KDE and the StarOffice office suite. The compression
code has been fixed and now it is faster and more reliable. The list of
installed packages is here. Notice this time we included highly demanded
tools like ssh (which is downloaded on the fly and not pre-installed,
due to legal reasons), gpart, dump etc, as well as a version of TeXmacs.

http://www.lnx-bbc.org/

Welcome to the LNX-BBC project. The LNX-BBC is a mini
Linux-distribution, small enough to fit on a CD-ROM that has been cut,
pressed, or molded to the size and shape of a business card.

LNX-BBCs can be used to rescue ailing machines, perform intrusion
post-mortems, act as a temporary workstation, install Debian, and
perform many other tasks that we haven't yet imagined.

5o   Peter.Mann at tuke.sk
     KLFMANiK ICQ 12491471
         PM2185-RIPE