Regarding Linux will replace Microsoft Windows

Rio de Janeiro no na mail.com
Sobota Březen 16 22:18:34 CET 2002

I don't wish to get into this argument mind you I'm a part new user of Linux
community and I use Microsoft as well. I am using Linux and I like it and I
am saying this base upon what I have seen. Look at www.cnet.com and
www.pcmag.com they are virtually pro Microsoft and they sneer at suggestion
that something free can become or will become popular.

I admit that there are some serious problems in Linux. For example if you
wish to compile something you have to do it command "which is okay for me"
but then it won't make shortcut in GUI nor it tells where it has installed
it. We need to use /whereis or /locate provided that program name is same as
of tar file.

Now many hardcore user who have insulted me for this but they are lemming
just like the rest of Television slave community.

 BTW Independent people that you refer to are same who believed that fastest
zipper Bill Clinton is okay guy and that democracy is the best system on
earth! How are lemming opinion are conform you wonder? A lemming on a side
walked have been asked a simple question to which he can say "yes or no or
simple answer" and base on that paid whore tells us how the lemming are
feeling and wishing and poll graphic shoved on your face time to time.

Remember last year when "independent people" were glued to their television
screen, oohing and ahing over Hurricane Floyed and watching the huge traffic
jams of lemmings fleeing the southeaster coastal areas lest they be obliged
to do little waiting. These independent lemmings have their attention
focused on things of no consequence and this is how democracy works.
Sigh: I guess, we European think differently then you North American people
do.

Respectfully
New Linux User

Ps: This is my last rely to this Subject.

"Mark" <ooyesyes na oonono.com> wrote in message
>What nonsense. Fifteen years ago, Windows did not exist. Love them or hate
> them, part of MS's success is that they are ruthlessly good at figuring
out
> what users want and giving it to them (along with a whole lot of crap that
> most users would much rather not have if they knew what it was,
admittedly).
> If the Linux world made a comparable effort to reach out to new users
there
> is no reason why Linux shouldn't also do brilliantly. People are much more
> independently minded than you seem to think, if only they are given the
> chance which in this case means offering them Linux in a form they can
> relate to and find a use for. Bear in mind that outside our cosy little
> world in the West, Microsoft is often seen as an insanely expensive
American