Po cem jsou pojmenovane distribuce? Debian

Peter Mann Peter.Mann na tuke.sk
Pondělí Květen 27 06:36:46 CEST 2002

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 02:15:50PM +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-05-24 at 02:18, PERPETUM wrote:
> > Tak me napadlo - jednotlive distribuce Linuxu maji pomerne zajimava
> > jmena. Nevi nekdo jak nebo podle ceho vznikla (a treba i nejakou veselou
> > historku z nataceni ... ehm pojmenovavani?)
>
> U Debianu ("Hamm", "Potato", "Woody", "Sid") je to pry podle postav z
> Toy Story (Pribeh hracek - nikdy jsem ho nevidel, takze nemohu potvrdit
> ani vyvratit).

co sa tyka nazvu "Debian":
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/project-history/ch1.html#s1.2

The official pronounciation of Debian is 'deb ee n'. The name comes from
the names of the creator of Debian, Ian Murdock, and his wife, Debra.

kodove nazvy verzii:
http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-ftparchives.html#s-sourceforcodenames

So far they have been characters taken from the movie "Toy Story" by
Pixar.
    * buzz (Buzz Lightyear) was the spaceman,
    * rex was the tyrannosaurus,
    * bo (Bo Peep) was the girl who took care of the sheep,
    * hamm was the piggy bank,
    * slink (Slinky Dog) was the toy dog,
    * potato was, of course, Mr. Potato,
    * woody was the cowboy.

.
.
.

sid or unstable is the place where most of the packages are initially
uploaded. It will never be released directly, because packages which are
to be released will first have to be included in testing, in order to be
released in stable later on. sid contains packages for both released and
unreleased architectures.

The name "sid" also comes from the "Toy Story" animated motion picture:
Sid was the boy next door who destroyed toys :-)

5o   Peter.Mann at tuke.sk
     KLFMANiK ICQ 12491471
         PM2185-RIPE