NVIDIA a XFREE86 4.2.99

Petr Krejci krejcipetr na atlas.cz
Úterý Říjen 29 13:20:49 CET 2002

Velmi se omlouvam, ale nemohl by mi nekdo pomoci?

Omlouvam se, ze to neni cesky, ale nechtelo se mi to prepisovat.

Muj text z comp.os.linux.x :

Hi,

I did download lastest XFREE from CVS, compile and install.   Version
4.2.99.

With driver from XFREE (nv) my graphics card works, but  unfortunately
without AGP, only PCI.
The playing video takes 50% CPU (process X + 8% mplayer).
That's why I tried to install driver from NVIDIA.

On previous version of XFREE (4.1.0) I did been using the driver from NVIDIA
(3123). I used always
SRC.RPM without problems.

On new XFREE (4.2.99) was the installation all right.
Package  "kernel" was compiled (GCC3.2) and installed without errors.
Also package GLX was compiled (GCC3.2) and installed without errors.
I did configure XF86Config-4 and tried X.
So far was all alll right. I saw gray desktop and X cursor. I could move
with cursor by mouse.

When I tried run any X-client,   xterm -display :0, my xserver was shutdown
by SIGNAL 11
without any errors.
File /var/log/XFree86.0.log was clear, /var/log/messages was clear.

On screen was displayed something about, that I should check for unresolved
sysmbols, but there was no sysmbols.

On confrence NVIDIA - Linux was written, that package GLX should been
installed from RPM, not from SRC.RPM.

It's possible, that this could been the problem?

Can anyone help me?

My configuration:

XFREE 4.2.99 (GCC 3.2)
Kernel 2.4.20-pre7 (GCC 2.96)