SOLVED: [Fwd: Re: trademark issue]

Leos Literak literakl na abclinuxu.cz
Úterý Duben 15 20:12:56 CEST 2003

ahoj,

pro vasi informaci tady je vysledek konverzace
s RedHaty. Pro neznale anglictiny:

nesmi se prodavat CD s redhatem, dokud neodstranite
vsechny zminky o redhatu, jeho loga atd. jak z propagace
vaseho produktu, tak ze samotnych obrazu CD.

vzhledem k tomu, ze je to prakticky nemozne (pred lety
takto vznikl mandrake), znamena to, ze nikdo nemuze
prodavat palena/lisovana CD.

timto povazuji dalsi diskusi za bezpredmetnou a jdu
se venovat uzitecnejsim vecem ;-)

	Leos

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: trademark issue
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:33:21 -0400
From: Jennifer Ennis <jennis na redhat.com>
To: Leos Literak <literakl na abclinuxu.cz>
CC: Radek Vybiral <Radek.Vybiral na vsb.cz>, milan.kerslager na pslib.cz,
Zdenek Drvota <drvota na zds.cz>, Viktor Matys <grumpa na qwert.cz>,
jennis na redhat.com
<3E9C1483.7010703 na redhat.com> <3E9C2E9F.5070106 na abclinuxu.cz>

Dear Leo:

Your friend Radek is correct with respect to the removal of the
trademarks and logo from the RPM. Although the trademark guidelines
don't specify that, the EULA does. Please refer to this:

See Paragraph 3 under Before Installation:

http://www.redhat.com/licenses/rhl_9_per_us

THE "RED HAT" TRADEMARK, THE "BLUECURVE" TRADEMARK AND RED HAT'S SHADOW
MAN LOGO ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF RED HAT, INC. IN THE UNITED STATES
AND OTHER COUNTRIES. WHILE THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT ALLOWS YOU TO COPY,
MODIFY AND DISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE, IT DOES NOT PERMIT YOU TO DISTRIBUTE
THE SOFTWARE UTILIZING RED HAT'S TRADEMARKS. YOU SHOULD READ THE
INFORMATION FOUND AT https://www.redhat.com/about/corporate/trademark/
<http://www.redhat.com/about/corporate/trademark/> BEFORE DISTRIBUTING A
COPY OF THE SOFTWARE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT HAS BEEN MODIFIED. IN
ADDITION, IF YOU MAKE A COMMERCIAL REDISTRIBUTION OF THE SOFTWARE AND
(A) YOU DO NOT FALL WITHIN AN EXCEPTION PROVIDED IN RED HAT'S TRADEMARK
GUIDELINES, (B) YOU HAVE NOT ENTERED INTO A REDISTRIBUTION AGREEMENT
WITH RED HAT, OR (C) YOU DO NOT HAVE A TRADEMARK LICENSE AGREEMENT WITH
RED HAT, THEN YOU MUST MODIFY THE FILES IDENTIFIED AS REDHAT-LOGOS AND
ANACONDA-IMAGES SO AS TO REMOVE ALL USE OF IMAGES CONTAINING THE "RED
HAT" TRADEMARK OR RED HAT'S SHADOW MAN LOGO. NOTE THAT MERE DELETION OF
THOSE FILES MAY CORRUPT THE SOFTWARE.

I hope this helps. We appreciate your taking the time to determine the
appropriate way to redistribute the software without violating our
trademarks.

Best of luck.

Jennifer Ennis
Trademark Administrator