Nefunkcni HW monitoring na ASUS P4P800, kernel 2.6.0, woody

Dan Bar Daniel.Bar na seznam.cz
Sobota Prosinec 27 11:48:37 CET 2003

Zdenek Janis wrote:
> Tak za pomoci Dana Ohnesorga a vsemocneho Googla sem zjistil nasledujici
> (ohledne HW monitoringu):
> 1) I pro desku bez ISA slotu (ASUS P4P800 deluxe) je potreba podpora
> ISA, jinac neni dostupna moznost vyberu modulu i2c_isa a tak modulek
> w83781d je nestastny...

jen doplnim vynatek z lm_sensors FAQ:

--- snip ---

2.1 How are these sensors read?

     Sensor chips reside on either the ISA bus, the SMBus, or both.
See the file doc/chips/SUMMARY in our package for a list.
     To communicate with chips on the ISA bus, the software uses
simple I/O reads and writes.
     To communicate with chips on the SMBus, the software must
use an SMBus interface device, explained below.

2.3 I don't have an ISA bus!

     We promise, you do, even if you don't have any old ISA slots.
The "ISA Bus" exists in your computer even if you don't have ISA slots;
it is simply a memory-mapped area, 64KB in size (0x0000 - 0xFFFF)
where many "legacy" functions, such as keyboard and interrupt controllers,
are found. It isn't necessarily a separate physical bus.
See the file /proc/ioports for a list of devices living on
the "ISA Bus" in your system. If you don't like the term "ISA Bus"
think "I/O Space".

--- snap ---

Dan