OO a skarede fonty bez AA

Petr Sigut linux-konference na seznam.cz
Pondělí Listopad 24 19:05:21 CET 2003

Dobry den,

prave resim jak mit pekne fonty v Open Office 1.1 CZ, ma nahrane True
Type fonty z win. Pouzivam je ve vsech aplikacich - GTK, QT... a
vypadaji perfektne (nepouzivam AA) ale v OO vypadaji kostrabate, podival
jsem se na jejich FAQ:

http://www.openoffice.org/FAQs/fontguide.html

cituji:
Bad quality of screen font rasterization
Symptom

TrueType fonts look chiseled and angular on screen and/or have bad
spacing while the same font looks quite nice in Mozilla, Gnome or KDE
applications. Problem description

OpenOffice.org uses the FreeType library for font rasterization. The
FreeType library has been compiled with auto-hinting enabled and
byte-hinting disabled. While auto-hinting does a reasonable job for grid
fitting it's result is still inferior to byte-hinting for many fonts.
Please have a look at http://freetype.sourceforge.net/patents.html for a
discussion of that issue. Trouble shooting

Currently there is no workaround for this issue. It is recommended to
use an XServer that supports the antialiased graphical representation of
glyphs for improved readability.

Dost me to vydesilo. Je pravda ze bez AA nemohu dosahnout peknych
fontu? - je to pro me dost podstatne, skarede fonty se blbe ctou a asi
bych musel prejit na abiword ci kword...

 Dekuji za odpoved.

--
Petr Šigut
petr.sigut na atlas.cz