ip_conntrack table full dropping packet

zas zbynenka na email.cz
Neděle Prosinec 5 22:12:19 CET 2004

Hello all,
can somebody give me a hint how to beat following problem on my Linux
RedHat 7.3 router (P133, 32MB RAM) with 2.4.18-3 core version?
"ip_conntrack Table full. Dropping packet"
The router runs fine but the problem occures when one or more
computers from LAN is turned ON and accesing internet. Internet
connection rate is on 10% or less and the message "ip_conntrack..." is
raised every while. Also pings from the router to random URLs are
about 2s instead of 10ms as usual. I tried to increase the mount of
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max first to 4096, than to 8192 but
the problem still persists. I believe there must be some quick
solution. Is there?

Thanx 4 your help
zas