MI5 Persecution: Channel Four TV News - 12/Feb/1999 (5673)

MI5Victim na mi5.gov.uk MI5Victim na mi5.gov.uk
Pondělí Srpen 20 22:58:19 CEST 2007

Channel Four TV News - 12/Feb/1999

Certainty level: 100%

I am positively, utterly, completely sure this item is about me. It's a bit subtle so the objective reader might not understand my certainty. Here is
what happened. I was watching Channel Four News with Jon Snow, on the day Clinton "got off" (as it were) in the Monica-gate scandal. Snow said;

"[and we're anticipating that the President himself will make his] first
comments after the trial in which he has now been cleared at around half-
past seven. So we'll have more on the historic judgment, we'll also be
considering [starts smiling] the winners and losers in this whole sorry
saga. Now further doubts have been...."

When Snow said "half-past seven", I looked at the clock on the mantelpiece above the TV. Snow saw my glance, and in reaction to my glance at the clock,
smiled. I think he was smiling at what he perceived as my self-importance.

Usually when newscasters or radio presenters laugh at me, there is an excuse for their laughter; usually they manage to find some reason for my
being "funny"; their amusement is blamed on me; it is my "fault" they are laughing. And so it was with this instance; Jon Snow thought it was funny
that I should be so interested in seeing Clinton, and his half-smile while reading the words "winners and losers" expresses that.

I wrote to Snow at ITN shortly after this broadcast to ask him about his behaviour; of course, he didn't reply.

5673