MI5 Persecution: Leant On 7/4/96 (14219)

MI5Victim na mi5.gov.uk MI5Victim na mi5.gov.uk
Sobota Červen 23 05:29:32 CEST 2007

From: Green <Green na guidion.demon.co.uk>
Newsgroups: uk.misc,uk.politics,alt.politics.british,soc.culture.british
Subject: Re: MI5 Persecution: Why Aren't the British Police Doing Their Job?
Date: Sun Apr  7 21:13:30 1996

In article <DpIE0r.736.0.bloor na torfree.net>
           bu765 na torfree.net "Mike Corley" writes:

> Last Easter (1995) I went into the local police station in London and spoke to
> an officer about the harassment against me. But I couldn't provide tangible
> evidence; what people said, in many cases years ago, is beyond proof, and
> without something to support my statements I cannot expect a police officer to
> take the complaint seriously.

This in itself dos not suggest that the police have it in for you.
The old bill operates on extremely tight spending limits forced on
them by that pillock Michael Howard, and without evidence, they
often have higher priorities than chasing something that cannot go
to court.

I doubt that the police are actually being leant on, but they probably
realise that if they looked into this, they would be leant on hard.
The met always stays away from anything that looks like it has Defence,
Security or secret service interest already, because they realise that
they are below these government agencies in the general pecking order.

This attitude was made clear in a TV show where a left wing comedian
heckled some aristocratic Tory candidate in a local election.  The
police officer gave the comic a ticking off, even though you could see
that this young copper sympathised with the comedian, and regarded
the Tory as an upper-crust wanker.  He said, and I quote "I'm giving you
the ticking off and not him because he's a Lord and I'm a Police Constable."

If I walked into my local nick and complained that MI5 were snooping on me,
they would show me the door without even looking at my evidence, because
that bored desk seargant with only five years to go before he retires
doesn't want to start fucking about with somebody who has incurred the
wrath of Stella Rimington.  He would rather deal with the lost dogs and
driving licence producers, eat his cheese and pickle sandwiches and piss
off home at the end of his shift than have some high ranking spook having
a go at his boss and getting him a bollocking.

In short, you have earned much sympathy but little surprise.  Just remember
that saying about the enemy of your enemies.

Have a nice day.

******************************************* QUOTE OF THE DAY******************
*  You have just read the opinons of :    *  "Common sense is merely the set *
*                                         *   of prejudices a person acquires*

>This in itself dos not suggest that the police have it in for you.
>The old bill operates on extremely tight spending limits forced on
>them by that pillock Michael Howard, and without evidence, they
>often have higher priorities than chasing something that cannot go
>to court.

I think the police know well what's going on. It is up to them to do
something about it. They know I've made a complaint at a police station.
I could probably do more to try to help myself (I think someone suggested
making a written complaint to the chief constable) but even then I nthink
they would not take action.

>I doubt that the police are actually being leant on, but they probably
>realise that if they looked into this, they would be leant on hard.
>The met always stays away from anything that looks like it has Defence,
>Security or secret service interest already, because they realise that
>they are below these government agencies in the general pecking order.

So we have a situation where the security service breaks the law,
everyone knows MI5 breaks the law, and the police won't investigate
crimes that would otherwise earn a jail sentence.

Oh good, I'm really glad the UK is a democracy. (<sarcasm>, for those of
you who didn't catch that)

>If I walked into my local nick and complained that MI5 were snooping on me,
>they would show me the door without even looking at my evidence, because
>that bored desk seargant with only five years to go before he retires
>doesn't want to start fucking about with somebody who has incurred the
>wrath of Stella Rimington.  He would rather deal with the lost dogs and
>driving licence producers, eat his cheese and pickle sandwiches and piss
>off home at the end of his shift than have some high ranking spook having
>a go at his boss and getting him a bollocking.

In this case I think it is 'high-ranking' police officers who are aware
of the persecution, they know a complaint has been made, and they're
doing nothing. What is more, I don't think there is anything I can do
that would make them take action, both because they may be being 'leant
on' and through the wider view that it could be deleterious to the state
to have a persecution by state organs exposed.

They're wrong in taking that point of view, because sooner or later this
will all out anyway, and they it will be n years of police inaction
(n>=6) that will be questioned.

>In short, you have earned much sympathy but little surprise.  Just remember
>that saying about the enemy of your enemies.
>
>Have a nice day.

14219