using bind and static entries

vertex.vr4 na gmail.com vertex.vr4 na gmail.com
Úterý Listopad 13 11:52:10 CET 2007

Hi all,

I have got a dhcp and dns server talking to each other by following
the man pages and tutorials and all is right with the world.

The only problem is certain devices such as my router don't ask for a
dhcp lease.

Now I can add these manually to the db.192.168.0 file and this seems
to work but adding it to the reverse lookup file seems to require a
enc key. Here is an extract to highlight what I am going on about:

$TTL 1800       ; 30 minutes
router              A       192.168.0.1
                        TXT     ""
saturn                 A       192.168.0.101
                        TXT     "1234567890abcdef1234567890"

So how do I go about generating the key for my router

Thanks,
John