Mklinux installer troubles. "bunzip2: couldn't allocate enough memory."

Jeffrey Regier jregier1 na hotmail.com
Sobota Červen 2 08:41:20 CEST 2001

I'm trying to install mklinux DR3 on a 6100 PowerMac 60 mhz with 16 megs of
RAM. Repartioning with pdisk running on Mac OS 7.5 was successful. The drive
now has 3 partitions: 1 mac standard and 2 A/UX. After changing the
lilo.conf file to indicate that the cd-rom drive has a scsi interface, the
red hat installer sucessfully begins. However, after language and keyboard
are selected, and I have indicated that my installation cd is indeed in the
drive, I get the following error message repeatedly:

bunzip2: couldn't allocate enough memory
                 input file = (stdin ), output file = (stdout)

I am total stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Jeff