sendmail maintenance?

Andrzej Filip anfi na bigfoot.com
Pátek Květen 26 14:27:32 CEST 2000

AFAIK In most installations properly configured sendmail requires
only two maintenance tasks:
A) periodic log trimming
redhat does it (it rotates /var/log/maillog file)
B) (infrequent) queue directory "cleaning" in sendmail startup script
The "cleaning" script for sendmail 8.9 is provided in sendmail
package documentation. [ remove zero size qf* files ...]

--
Andrzej (Andrew) A. Filip           http://bigfoot.com/~anfi
anfi na bigfoot.com    anfi na polbox.com    anfi na sdf.lonestar.org