qmail a zalozni sendmail

Zdenek Prchal prchal na vtdata.cz
Čtvrtek Září 7 16:21:17 CEST 2000

To prece neni treba hledat takhle obecne, lepe je nahlednout primo do
sendmail FAQ http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3.html#3.23 :
Q3.23 -- How do I get all my queued mail delivered to my Unix box from my
ISP?
Date: June 6, 1997
Updated: October 8, 1998
In the contrib directory of the sendmail distribution is a Perl script
called etrn.pl. Assuming you're running sendmail or some other SMTP MTA on
some sort of a Unix host, and your ISP uses version 8.8 sendmail and they
queue all mail for your domain (as opposed to stuffing it all in one file
that you need to download via POP3 or some such), the command

	etrn.pl mail.myisp.com mydomain.com

will do the trick. You can learn about Perl at the Perl Language Home Page.
The O'Reilly book is also very helpful.
If you don't have Perl, something like the following script should do the
trick:

	#!/bin/sh
	telnet mail.myisp.com. 25 << __EOF__
	EHLO me.mydomain.com
	ETRN mydomain.com
	QUIT
	__EOF__

Note that this is indented for readability, and the real script would have
column position #1 of the file be the first printable character in each
line.
Of course, you'll have to fill in the appropriate details for
"mail.myisp.com", "mydomain.com", etc....

If your ISP doesn't use version 8.8 sendmail, you may have to cobble
together alternative solutions. They may have a "ppplogin" script that is
executed every time your machines dials them up, and if so, you may be able
to have them modified this script so as to put a "sendmail -qRmydomain.com"
in it (which is effectively what the "ETRN" command does, but in a safer
fashion).

Zdenek Prchal

news:39B78FE7.22B8181F na ryston.cz...