trouble sending local mail

Petr Simek psimek na jcu.cz
Neděle Březen 4 19:59:23 CET 2001

On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Jos Honig wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have a redhat 6.2 installation and i want to use sendmail and fetchmail!
> No i installed everything but i can't send mail from one local user to
> another local user!
>
> when i start pine as root and want to send a mail to jos it stays at 0% and
> it will not send themail!
> when i start pine as root and want to send a mail to an external address
> everytinh works fine!
>
> also when i want to collect mail with fetchmail for jos the proccess hangs
> and no mail will come in for jos!

Put Your local domain name (or names) to file /etc/sendmail.cw - This is a
list of names by which you are known, and anything sent to an address
using a host or domain name in this list will be treated as local mail.

> Jos Honig

|                          Petr Simek   APS JU                           |
|                             psimek na jcu.cz                              |